I Quilt but when can I sleep????

By Gemma @ Pretty Bobbins

Welcome to I Quilt!  I have been quilting non-stop this week but I’m wondering, when do I get to sleep?!?!

i quilt blog button

I’ve finished quilting both of my quilts for the Canberra Quilter’s exhibition, forgive the fast photos, but here is my HUGE quilt, trimmed and ready to bind.  I’ve renamed it, “50 Shades” ;)  Tonight is just a sneak peek, better photos to follow soon :)

Fifty Shades, ready to be bound

Fifty Shades, ready to be bound

It’s all about the quilting this beast.

fifty shades details

I used two layers of wadding, bamboo and wool.  I love the texture but holy heck it was a challenge to get it done!

quilts 096

Primary Plus (below) is bound.  The stripy binding gave me a migraine.  I love the look but it was so hard on the eyes.

primary plus

Just another sneak peek tonight.  I had a few tension issues quilting over the organic fabric below.  I’m glad I figured it, I LOVE this quilt!

primary plus detail

Have you been sleeping or quilting this week?  Is it possible to do both???

Please link up your quilty goodness below.  Don’t forget to visit three other linkers <3

14 Comments on I Quilt but when can I sleep????

1. Kathi Riemer
    August 1, 2014 at 2:00 am (4 months ago)

Your quilting adds so much texture and dimension. The feathers on your puzzle piece quilt make the colors dance. Thank you for sharing…pinned.

2. Karen Miller
    August 1, 2014 at 3:18 am (4 months ago)

Gemma both of your quilts are just beautiful! I will always and forever come here for inspiration. I love the quilting motif choices you made on “50 Shades” and the feathers on your Modern Plus quilt are amazing. I’m still working full time – so juggling work, summer in the States, quilting, blogging and designing is a BIG challenge. Thank goodness I love what I do! Hugs, Karen

3. Carla
    August 1, 2014 at 4:21 am (4 months ago)

Oh my word! That first quilt is just amazing! Well done on both

4. Deana
    August 1, 2014 at 4:42 am (4 months ago)

That 50 shades quilt is wonderful! I love your quilting so much that I plan to refer back to it for ideas. I always browse the internet when it is time to quilt something.
    Also, funny that the striped binding made you buggy because the stripe really does not jump out when you look at the whole quilt. It is lovely also.

5. Christine
    August 1, 2014 at 6:30 am (4 months ago)

Your quilting is incredible, congratulatuions! Both quilts became just wonderful!

6. Esther F.
    August 1, 2014 at 8:25 am (4 months ago)

Gemma, you are such an inspitation!
    I love your work!!!

7. Nurdan
    August 1, 2014 at 9:47 am (4 months ago)

LOVE LOVE LOVE them Gemma! Well done my friend! I chose to sleep this week. I felt guilty tho but I think sometimes your body guides you and no matter how much you want to do something else, it just doesn’t allow you and takes you to bed. At least this is what mine does and i am easy to convince :D

8. Renee
    August 1, 2014 at 10:17 am (4 months ago)

I just love seeing your quilting, it’s so pretty, and really compliments each quilt!

9. DeborahGun
    August 1, 2014 at 12:12 pm (4 months ago)

Your quilting seems to be getting even more wonderful in leaps and bounds Gemma – if that is even possible. xx

10. Hayley
    August 1, 2014 at 4:33 pm (4 months ago)

Both of those quilts are so gorgeous!! You should feel super proud of yourself :)

11. Michelle
    August 1, 2014 at 6:06 pm (4 months ago)

Oh Gemma – both quilts are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! You should be proud!

12. Tanya
    August 1, 2014 at 8:50 pm (4 months ago)

Love your quilting, it’s gorgeous.

Any tips for quilting 2 layers of batting? I love the puff it gives, but am scared to give it a try on my domestic sewing machine.

13. Jo
    August 2, 2014 at 12:46 am (4 months ago)

Wow! These are both stunning Gemma. Wish I was going to be at the exhibtion to see them up close. The texture of 50 shades is gorgeous. I want to try double batting but not on a HDM…I love the feathers swirling on promary plus. You can tell you are doing what you love!

14. Audrey
    August 2, 2014 at 12:40 pm (4 months ago)

Your quilting is qwesome! I hope to do custom quilting someday but I don’t think I can be as creative as you.